I know I have been extremely absent over here on the blog. There is a lot to catch up on in the last 6 months that i will do my best to chronicle. the bullet points, in no particular order is as follows.
- I’m married… Duh. Most have heard my rantings about such things as I got engaged last December, but in August it finally happened, and I can say, all the ups and downs of planning a wedding, and making everyone happy, while still you know, working on your relationship, well it was all worth it. I can honestly say that I remember that day so vividly. there was no stress. It both went by too fast and also at the right speed. a more lengthy post about that, and our honeymoon road trip will be needed, as it is something I would love to have in a safe place (because the internet is soooooo safe) for a long time.
- I started another job…. I now have a job working at an animal rescue part time… Well, let’s say it is the most full time par time job that I have had. But, I do their book keeping and work their adoption events. It is so nice being apart of something to much bigger than myself, and knowing that I am apart of a great group of people to promote change in our community. I am beyond grateful.
- Yes, I am still doing the freelance thing too…. I haven’t slowed down in that. I still have great clients, big and small, that I am working on. I think if I were to choose a word for 2014 it would be BALANCE. That too deserves it’s own post.
- We got another dog…. She is amazing, hilarious, and Yoshi’s best bed, and our new little gal. She is a Pharaoh hound German Shepard mix and her name is Maka, which is Lakota Indian for Earth Goddess… Basically I think that each bullet will soon become at LEAST one post, so more details to come.
- My oldest brother Paul moved to Stuttgart, Germany, with his wife (he just got married in June of 2013, nearly two months nearly to the day before my wedding) for up to three years. And yes, we are already planning our trip there at the end of 2014.
- I am officially part of the “Subaru” family. I finally bit the bullet and got a new car! Yay! Perfect for our two active dogs, and our active lifestyle.
Now, I have been thinking for a long time if I wanted to get back into blogging, and I figured that since it has been on my mind for so long that it must mean that it was something that I truly missed, and it had helped me so much get through that weird phase of working at home/finding new passions/dealing and facing stress/really being mindful of my own introspective thoughts and ideas. So, hello again blog world, an old friend has come back. Let’s get closer this new year, shall we?
How is your 2014 going? Do you do resolutions, or are you more of a “word” kind of person? I really don’t know what I am yet, but every year, and every day I always strive to get closer to that… I guess part of me is a Goal person, what do I want to look back on this year and say that I crossed that off the list? Either by an attainable goal, or saying that I changed the way I look at XY&Z, that i don’t know yet, but I don’t think that if you don’t know your goal/resolution/word by Jan 1st, it’s never to late to start.